Community Investment Program
Chalice is committed to positively impacting the local communities in the areas we operate, to achieve meaningful social and economic benefits. As a member of these communities, local employment, procurement, and funding are among the best ways Chalice can meaningfully contribute.
Chalice has developed our Community Investment Program, which aims to provide funding to deliver positive long-term benefits and support local initiatives.
Applications are now open for the February – March funding period. Successful applicants will be notified in May.
Successful Applicants – 2023
Chalice is thrilled to announce the successful applicants from Community Investment funding rounds in 2023. We look forward to supporting initiatives from the following local groups:
- Noongar Kaartdijin Aboriginal Corporation
- Bindoon Bushrangers Cricket Club
- Toodyay Tennis Club
- Toodyay Bowls Club
- Chittering Wildlife Carers Inc
- Toodyay Junior Football Club
- Toodyay Football Club
- Goomalling Gumnuts
- Northam Primary School
- Northam Hockey Club
- Bindoon Farmers Market
- Chittering Junior Football Club
- Marsupial Mammas and Pappas
- Toodyay District High School
- Julimar Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade
- Gidgegannup Men’s Shed
- Avon Valley Shotokan
- Toodyay Golf Club
- Toodyay Country Women’s Association
- Toodyay Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services
- Avonvale Primary School
The Community Investment Framework
Our Community Investment framework identifies the areas and communities we seek to support. The framework ensures that programs we support have a lasting positive contribution and fall within our focus areas; Education, Environment and Community.
- Applications are not required to meet all three focus areas, however those that are focussed on the focus areas will be prioritised.
- Community Investment support can be provided up to the value of $10,000.
- Applications are considered in two funding periods in Feb-Mar and August-September.
- Successful applicants will be released on this page in May and November following each funding period.
Shires of Toodyay, Chittering, Northam and Goomalling
Education – initiatives that advance and improve regional educational opportunities.
Sharing of knowledge and capabilities for the benefit of the local community.
Supports innovation and advancement for local residents.
Environment – initiative that protect and rehabilitate the Environment.
Supports the connection between community and the natural environment.
Restores our natural environment and protects our ecosystems and endangered species.
Community Connection – supporting local opportunities and groups to strengthen the community connection within the region.
Facilitates and supports greater engagement between community members.
Respects and recognises our local heritage and culture.
Types of Community Investment:
- Grants – Monetary contribution to help the community by supporting local activities and building community initiatives
- Sponsorships – commitment of money or resources in exchange for specific promotional benefits
- In-kind Support – Non monetary contribution such as volunteer support, supply or services or goods
The Application Process
Who Can We Support?
To be considered for funding, organisations should meet the following criteria:
- Are an incorporated not-for-profit organisation, government entity or educational institution.
- Have an ABN (reflecting the organisation’s incorporated not‑for‑profit status).
- Have funded activities taking place within 12 months of the allocation of funding.
- Have not already received funding from Chalice Mining for an existing initiative, within a 12-month period.
What Will Not Be Supported:
Chalice will not consider funding requests:
- That do not align with Chalice’s core values.
- That are retrospective in nature.
- From individuals seeking support.
- From for-profit businesses.
- For programs located outside of the priority areas
- From organisations or individuals that promote discriminatory or offensive activities.
- From any political or religious parties or government departments.
- That is a duplicate of services already provided within the community.
- For business-as-usual or ongoing operational costs
Applications are now open for the February – March funding period.
For enquiries about the Community Investment Program please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Community Partners
In addition to our rounds of Community Investment Program funding, Chalice is proud to support a number of ongoing community events and organisations including:
- Toodyay Christmas Street Party
- Toodyay Agricultural Show
- Australian Earth Science Education Program
- Northam Chamber of Commerce
- Taste of Chittering
- Bindoon Mountain Bike and Adventure Park
- Bindoon Agricultural Show
- Marsupial Mammas and Pappas Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Toodyay International Food Festival
- Toodyay Recreation Centre