Community Investment Program
Chalice is committed to positively impacting the local communities that surround the Gonneville Project, to achieve meaningful social and economic benefits. As a member of these communities, local employment, procurement, and funding are among the best ways Chalice can meaningfully contribute.
Chalice has developed our Community Investment Program, which aims to provide funding to deliver positive long-term benefits and support local initiatives.
Applications are now open until 30 September 2023, for funding up to $10,000.
The Community Investment framework
Chalice Mining is specifically looking to support projects that fall under our focus areas of Education, Environment and Community, up to the value of $10,000. Applications are not required to meet all three focus areas, however those that support the below will be prioritised. Chalice considers the Shires of Toodyay, Northam, Chittering and Goomalling as our priority communities.
Education – initiatives that advance and improve regional educational opportunities.
Sharing of knowledge and capabilities for the benefit of the local community.
Supports innovation and advancement for local residents.
Environment – initiative that protect and rehabilitate the Environment.
Supports the connection between community and the natural environment.
Restores our natural environment and protects our ecosystems and endangered species.
Community Connection – supporting local opportunities, events and groups to strengthen the community connection within the region.
Facilitates and supports greater engagement between community members.
Respects and recognises our local heritage and culture.
Our community partners
Chalice contributes to a wide range of community groups including:
- Bindoon Mountain Bike and Adventure Park
- Marsupial Mammas and Pappas Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Moora Kerkhopp Carnaby Group
- Northam Chamber of Commerce
- Taste of Chittering
- Toodyay Christmas Street Party
- Toodyay District High School
- Toodyay International Food Festival
- Toodyay Lions Football Club
- Toodyay Cricket Club
- Toodyay Recreation Centre
- Toodyay Volunteer Fire Brigade
Types of Community Investment
- Grants – Monetary contribution to help the community by supporting local activities and building community initiatives
- Sponsorships – commitment of money or resources in exchange for specific promotional benefits
- In-kind Support – Non monetary contribution such as volunteer support, supply or services or goods
The Application Process:
|Grant Applications |
|Grant applications |
|Successful Grant Applicants |
|1 February||30 March||May|
|1 August||30 September||November|
Who can Apply?
To be considered for funding, organisations should meet the following criteria:
- Are an incorporated not-for-profit organisation, government entity or educational institution.
- Have an ABN (reflecting the organisation’s incorporated not‑for‑profit status).
- Have funded activities taking place within 12 months of the allocation of funding.
- Have not already received funding from Chalice Mining for an existing initiative, within a 12-month investment period.
What will not be supported.
Chalice will not consider funding requests:
- That do not align with Chalice’s core values.
- That are retrospective in nature.
- From individuals seeking support.
- From profit businesses.
- From programs located outside of Chalice’s ‘local communities’.
- From organisations or individuals that promote activities that are discriminatory or offensive.
- From any political or religious parties or government departments.
- That is a duplicate of services already within the community.
Successful applicants – May 2023
Chalice is thrilled to announce the successful applicants from our recent Community Investment funding round.
We look forward to supporting initiatives from the following local groups:
- Bindoon Farmers Market
- Chittering Wildlife Carers Inc
- Toodyay Junior Football Club
- Toodyay Football Club
- Goomalling Gumnuts
- Northam Primary School
- Northam Hockey Club
- Avonvale Primary Schol
- Gidgegannup Men’s Shed
- Avon Valley Shotokan
- Toodyay Golf Club
- Toodyay Country Women’s Association
- Toodyay Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services
- Moondyne Festival
- Toodyay Street Christmas Party
To view the list of successful applicants from our previous funding round, please click here.
Applications are now open for the August to September 2023 funding period.
For enquiries about the Community Investment Program please email firstname.lastname@example.org.