Chalice's portfolio includes several district-scale precious and base metal projects located in premier terranes of Australia. The portfolio also includes multiple generative exploration opportunities, investments, royalties and non-operated joint ventures.
Chalice recently announced its intensions to pursue a demerger of its Australian gold assets, subject to shareholder and regulatory approvals. The decision follows a strategic review of Chalice’s portfolio which concluded that a demerger of the Company’s gold projects (including the district-scale, 100%-owned Pyramid Hill Gold Project in Victoria) is the optimal structure to maximise value for our shareholders. A demerger would also allow Chalice to focus on its world-class Julimar Ni-Cu-PGE Project and the new West Yilgarn Ni-Cu-PGE Province in Western Australia.
A demerger would aim to deliver Chalice shareholders a standalone, listed, Australian gold-focused exploration company with a strong balance sheet to target tier-1 gold discoveries in Victoria and WA. For more information, please read the full ASX Announcement.
WESTERN AUSTRALIA (100%)
Julimar Nickel-Copper-PGE Project
- Major new greenfield PGE-nickel-copper-cobalt sulphide discovery in March 2020.
- 100% owned, large unexplored intrusive ~70km NE of Perth.
- The first drill hole intersected a thick zone of massive nickel-copper-palladium rich sulphides - 19m @ 2.6% Ni, 1.0% Cu, 8.4g/t Pd and 1.1g/t Pt from 48m.
- The complex is considered highly prospective for nickel, copper and platinum group elements (PGEs), but had never been explored for these metals prior to Chalice.
- Julimar is a globally significant discovery which has defined an entirely new mineral province.
VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA (100%)
Pyramid Hill Gold Project
- District-scale 5,000km² land holding in the highly prospective and reinvigorated Bendigo gold district – a region that has produced >60Moz of high-grade gold.
- Kirkland Lake’s Fosterville gold mine has placed the district back on the global map thanks to bonanza gold grades and ultra-low production costs.
- Victorian Govt initiative 'Gold Undercover' estimated an undiscovered endowment of ~32Moz Au in the northern undercover Bendigo Zone.
Western Australia, (85-100%)
Hawkstone Nickel-Copper-Cobalt Project
- District scale ~1800km² land holding in the west Kimberley region of Western Australia, a frontier province prospective for magmatic nickel sulphides (formerly the King Leopold Nickel Project).
- The Project covers several known areas of Ruins and Hart Dolerite, which are both considered highly prospective for nickel sulphides as well as other related metals (Cu, Co, PGEs, Au, Sn, W).
- The province has seen little exploration, with an isolated high-grade nickel-copper sulphide discovery nearby at the Merlin Prospect (Buston Resources - IGO JV).
WESTERN AUSTRALIA (70-100%)
South West Nickel-Copper-PGE Project
- The South West Nickel-Copper-PGE Project is located ~240km south of Perth in the Balingup Metamorphic Belt, in the highly prospective West Yilgarn Ni-Cu-PGE Province discovered by Chalice.
- Project includes a ‘Julimar lookalike’ Ni-Cu-PGE target: a ~20km long unexplored interpreted mafic-ultramafic complex with a strong magnetic signature and massive sulphide occurrence (the Thor Target).
- Chalice may earn a 70% interest in the Project by spending $3.7 million over four years.
- See ASX Announcement - 21st July 2020 for more information.
WESTERN AUSTRALIA (100%)
Barrabarra Nickel-Copper-PGE Project
- The Barrabarrra Nickel-Copper-PGE Project is located ~150km east of Geraldton, in the highly prospective West Yilgarn Ni-Cu-PGE Province discovered by Chalice.
- Project includes a ~15km long unexplored interpreted mafic-ultramafic complex, with a similar geophysical signature to the Julimar Complex and anomalous Ni-Cu in soils.
- Several other geophysical targets of interest within the 100% owned, >1,000km² Project area.
- Chalice planning reconnaissance, geochemical sampling and geophysical surveys initially, leveraging its knowledge from its Ni-Cu-PGE discovery at Julimar.
Western Australia, (100%)
Auralia Nickel-Copper-Gold Project
- District-scale ~1,422km² land holding, 500km E of Kalgoorlie in the Madura Province of Western Australia.
- Limited historical exploration drilling below the Eucla Basin in this area intersected ultramafic to mafic intrusive rocks associated with a large 80km strike length magnetic anomaly.
- Chalice considers this area prospective for intrusive-hosted nickel, copper and PGEs and is planning an initial ground based EM survey.
NORTHERN TERRITORY (70-100%)
Warrego North Project
- The Warrego North Project is located 5km NW of the historic Warrego high-grade mine, the largest IOCG style copper-gold deposit mined to date in the Tennant Creek District.
- Several IOCG targets have been defined on the Project, many untested by drilling.
- The Parakeet Prospect was drilled by Chalice in 2017, with a best intersection of 8m at 1.7% Cu and 0.4g/t Au.
- Chalice is currently progressing targeting work and an additional license application over the large-scale Rooster and Chook Targets.
Western Australia, (100%)
Mt Jackson Gold Project
- The Project is located in an underexplored part of the prospective Southern Cross region of WA.
- Prospective for orogenic style gold mineralisation given the presence of an interpreted juncture between two regional scale faults at the northern termination of the Southern Cross greenstone belt.
Western Australia, (Ramelius Resources Earning 75%)
Nulla South & Gibb Rock Gold Project
- Nulla South (275km²) is ~25km SE of activity producing Edna May gold mine (1Moz Au) over the Westonia greenstone belt.
- Gibb Rock (55km²) is located over an underexplored part of the Holleton greenstone belt.
- Ramelius Resources Ltd (ASX:RMS) may earn up to 75% interest by spending A$2million on exploration within 3 years on each Project.
WESTERN AUSTRALIA (70%)
Viking Gold Project
- The Viking Gold Project is located ~35km SE of Norseman, Western Australia and comprises two exploration licence applications totalling 308km².
- Situated in the northern foreland region of the Albany-Fraser Orogen and directly south of the world class Kalgoorlie Terrane, the Project is prospective for orogenic style gold mineralisation.
- Initial exploration by Chalice will be focussed on the Beaker 2 Prospect which has several high-grade gold intersections in oxide that are yet to be tested in fresh rock.
- Chalice may earn up to a 70% interest in E63/1963 from Metal Hawk Limited by spending $2.75 million over 4.5 years.